Friday, August 22, 2008

MILK!

Yesterday the boys got to have their first real meals. Well, kind of real. We're going to count 3mL of milk dropped down a tube that goes from their mouths and into their stomachs as a real meal. They are eating every three hours now and will build up volume over the next 10 days. Hopefully by then, they will not need any nutrition through the IV. Yea for them!

I got to hold little Elijah yesterday for the first time. It felt soooo good to have his tiny warm body up against mine. He felt like my little baby. I changed his diaper and took his temperature. Then, after he was pretty mad at me for bothering him so much, I got to calm him down by holding him. That's when he received his first feeding too. It was a good feeling to be there for that. I was sad I couldn't stay around for Emren's but I am REALLY looking forward to our next visit. I can't wait to take part in caring for them again. Changing those tiny little diapers is actually such a blessing. I love it so far. I'm sure these things will lose their luster eventually but I am cherishing every minute of them now.

No comments: