Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Ethan

I have been writing about the twins so much that I haven't said much about my E1. Now that we are back together (the three of us) these past few days, he hasn't let us leave his sight. One of us seems to need to be with him at all times or else he starts calling out for us and searching around for us. He gives us hugs and holds on to us so much more than ever before, it seems.

It's kind of sad because you can outwardly see how much he realized we were gone from him. I knew he missed us but I didn't think he minded too much since he's been so well cared for in our absence. I do feel happy though that he knows we love him and are his parents who want to be there for him. I'm happy he still feels like he wants to rely on us and come to us for comfort and love.

When you're away from your little one for so long, you start thinking things. I hope I don't forget how important my role as a mother is to my children. Sometimes, it's easy to forget and to feel like you're quite replaceable. I know my mother isn't to me so I need to remember that for my children. I have things to give them that no one else can. What a beautiful thing!

2 comments:

We Three Madsens said...

I bet he is so happy to have you home with him again, and Im sure the feeling for you is so amazing to get to be with him all the time now:)

To answer your question on my blog, the pictures were done by this wonderful couple who actually turned out to be LDS too! They are great! Here is their blog address, they would do great family pictures and pictures of the boys when they come home.

www.photosbyiah.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

You are an amazing mom, Danielle. As great as they are, there aren't enough grandmas in the world to fill the place of mom. I'm so proud of Ethan for what a trooper he has been--I don't blame him for not wanting to let you out of his sight.